Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Building a building my way.

Since I have finished my build something entry I have decided to show my step by step process for constructing buildings.  I generally start counter intuitively with the windows.  These are prefabricated using stencil paper that is cut to size with the individual panes cut out.  The paper is then edged with a layer of coffee stirrers around the face.  The whole structure is boxed in with larger coffee stirrers and a Popsicle stick as the window sill.  These took me about two or three hours to knock up.  The individual holes for the glass are 5mm by 5mm. 
Hope you like. Snitchy sends.

3 comments:

  1. That's really innovative and probably far easier than my own method of cutting windows spaces then making the frames etc to fit and looks far more impressive.
    Have you tried perspec in them for 'glass'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment. As to persepc or clear plastic I am going to have to go with plan b. I have never been able to cut straight lines and identical parts are just unthinkable. Plan B is Testors clear canopy glue. Simply cover the edges of the frame with glue, use a toothpick to make a bubble with the glue and it will dry into a clear pane. Problem solved without complicated cuts or extra materials.
    Snitchy sends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice window casings. What about layering a thin plastic on the inside? Although your plan B is what I thought of when I saw the frames.

    ReplyDelete