Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pallets

A while ago I said I would post an article on how to do pallets. 
First I cut wood coffee stirrers and match sticks.  They are cut to the same length.  1 1/2 inches.


 Then I glue down the two outside internal supports (matchsticks) to the outside edge of a coffee stirrer.  The second coffee stirrer is used to support the matchsticks and are not glued.

 I then glue in the middle support.  Note I did not measure in any way. 
 Then I turn the set pallet base over and glue another coffee stirrer to the other edge of the top and I add another strip roughly in the middle of the supports. 
I then add the next two strips to finish the top of the pallet.
 When set I turn it over and glue the three bottom boards. 
When completed, arrange them in an interesting stack and glue them in place. 

   I usually make about twenty at a time so I have parts drying the whole time that I am working.  Hope you like.  
Snitchy sends.









7 comments:

  1. Nice Tutorial I need to make some Pallets will come in use for Villainous lairs and my Zombie gaming :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pallets are a great addition to any table and really simple to make - good tutorial.

    I believe though that their use should be restricted to games set in or after WW2, when fork-lift trucks became viable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant - have been scrounging coffee stirrers for some time meaning to do this - nice to see an example before beginning.
    Thanks for the post,
    Kasper

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Brilliant - have been scrounging coffee stirrers for some time meaning to do this"
    I bought mine in bulk from a restaurant supply house. I only have 10,000 of them to play with.
    Snitchy sends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really, really great stuff, thanks a lot! I love the way they are painted too, any chance you can tell me briefly the method and colours?

    Cheers!

    Andreas

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I love the way they are painted too, any chance you can tell me briefly the method and colours?"
    All I did is normal highlighting. I primed black (spraypaint), when dry I highlighted with a dark gray and then with a light gray. The stains were just ink dribbled on and let dry. Hope that helps.
    Snitchy sends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm kind of new to this whole scene, so it helps more than you think mate!
      Thanks again!

      Andreas

      Delete